Sunday, July 23, 2023

Recipe: Tacos from leftover BBQ




 Not a Garden Post! Well, if you use your own kale, lettuce, garlic, tomatoes and onions, then it is!


I made tacos tonight and they were so good that I wanted to post my own recipe to Pinterest so I could remember how I made them. I don’t know how to create a post on Pinterest, only repost from the internet. So I’m using my own blog to create the post and then repost to Pinterest. If this inspires you to cook this using produce from your own garden, then my work is done here. 

Buy way too much BBQ pork at a shack by the road in the country. Eat it for two days. Realize you still have half of it. Saute onions and garlic in oil. Add BBQ with some of the leftover sauce and vinegar that came with it. Add Some salsa for moisture and flavor. When it’s hot and flavors are married, remove it to a warming bowl. Add some olive oil to the pan drippings and saute shredded kale until it’s roasted. Sprinkle it with sea salt and cayenne pepper. Remove it to a warming bowl. On a hot oiled griddle, turn over corn tortillas with tongs until they are hot enough to melt cheese but not crispy at all. Sprinkle grated cheese on each one. Add a spoonful of BBQ pork to each one. Add a spoonful of sautéed kale to each one. Monitor the tortillas carefully. Just before they get crispy, fold each one in half with the tongs. Let them sit a minute more folded, until they just start to firm up on the bottom. Remove to a serving platter with a spatula.

Garnish with leftover cole slaw, chopped lettuce, tomato, BBQ sauce and vinegar, and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment